Mark Wafer Award for Business Excellence
The CASE – Mark Wafer Award for Business Excellence
Purpose: The CASE – Mark Wafer Award for Business Excellence recognizes outstanding businesses that have made significant contributions to the promotion of full citizenship and personal capacity for persons with disabilities through the facilitation of increased labour market participation and outcomes, within Canada. This award is presented annually at the Canadian Association for Supported Employment (CASE) conference.
Eligibility: The nominee(s) for this award must meet the following requirements:
- employs persons with disabilities in meaningful and competitively paid positions
- understands the economic value of inclusion for the business, the employee and the economy at large
- leverages his/her position as a business owner to create jobs with other employers through communication, media and peer to peer discussions
Nomination Process: The CASE board will invite nominations for this award in the fall of each year by posting the request on its website and via email to other potentially interested parties. Self nomination is permitted. Nominations can be submitted to the CASE Board Awards Committee through the addresses listed below. Nominations can be submitted in English or French.
- The nominator will provide the committee with a brief letter of nomination (maximum 3 pages) providing the nominees name, location of the nominee, and justification for the nomination.
- Two letters of support from a peer or community member of the nominee, other than the nominator, that highlights the contributions of the nominee.
Selection Criteria: Consideration will be given to continued leadership in the endeavors to the promotion of full citizenship and personal capacity for persons with disabilities through the facilitation of increased labour market participation and outcomes, and to the establishment of a benchmark of Supported Employment excellence. Nominees will be rated as follows:
- Recognition as a Role Model (50 points): Profile and visibility within the community and public recognition as a role model for hiring persons with disabilities.
- Service to the community (50 points): Evidence that the local community has benefited from the endeavors of the nominee. The experience of increased labour market participation of those experiencing barriers has extended to other areas of the community beyond the labour market.
Selection Process: Recipients will be selected by the Awards Committee of the CASE board. At the discretion of the Awards Committee, a maximum of two (2) nominations or no more than 25% of the total number of candidates (whichever is less), may be brought forward for consideration the following year. The awards committee can only bring forward a candidate for consideration once. Recipients will be notified by telephone and in writing.
Announcement: The CASE – Mark Wafer Award for Business Excellence will be presented by the CASE Board during its annual conference. Award recipients agree to standard publicity notification arranged by CASE.
Deadline for Nominations: December 8, 2017
Please submit completed nominations to:
Canadian Association for Supported Employment
710 3rd Street